Saturday, February 6, 2016

Vegetarian diet vs. vegan diet



The purpose of my essay this week will be to compare and contrast vegan and vegetarian diets. I chose this topic because there is a lot of confusion, in my experience, as to what a exactly a vegan diet is as opposed to a vegetarian diet.  I have been vegan for the past 15 years, and vegetarian for about 5 years prior to that. I am constantly explaining what I do and do not eat, so this will be a fun essay for me to put together.

I commented on the following blogs:

Susan's: http://suesuen.blogspot.com/

Rachel's: http://therache.blogspot.com/


4 comments:

  1. Ooh this was a clever idea! I struggled on trying to figure out what to do mine on, it'd definitely be interesting to see the difference in them all together cause I've never looked into their diets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your idea! I must confess that I am one of the many few who has been confused on what vegans and vegetarians eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO enthralled with your topic!! I struggled to choose one and wish that I had thought of this! My youngest daughter is a vegetarian and often has to explain the difference between vegetarian/vegan to people. Your Venn diagram is well done and outlines the topics thoughtfully and carefully. I really enjoy the opportunity we have in this class to see the world through our peers' eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember to keep the personal opinions at bay and stick to the research as support for your claims on each! Looks like you have sound topics/arguments for each side of the fence.

    ReplyDelete